We are seeking a Merchandiser/ Product Developer to join a leading player in the apparel & accessories industry based in Montreal!
- Collaborate and assist the merchandising team in developing merchandising strategies and preliminary product assortments ;
- Communicate with overseas suppliers ;
- Prepare samples for sales presentations with Majors across North America and for Brand & PR Teams ;
- Support the creation of the collections from conception to development through all steps ;
- Provide sales analysis, trend forecasting, product flow, monthly stories, and any additional shifts currently happening in the business ;
- Work cross functionally with key partners and teams to ensure alignment and seamless execution of merchandising strategies ;
- Collaborate with Design, Planning & Allocations, Product Development & Sourcing teams to ensure proper fit, construction and quality testing of product ;
- Support merchandising team in maintaining data integrity across systems, creating assortment tools, preparing purchase orders and inventory control ;
- Assist in the researching of new product creation, product enhancement and product design ;
- Assist in selecting and developing styles, fabrics, trims and coordinate sample development based on brand vision ;
- Troubleshoot any product issues with technical design and sourcing teams.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role ;
- Strong understanding of price relation to product development ;
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to interpret multiple data points across numerous channels and market segments ;
- Ability to balance analytical and creative tasks ;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office & Adobe Suite: In Design and Illustrator, Graphic Design ;
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and verbal ;
- Ability to multitask and operate in a fast-paced environment ;
- Ability to be flexible to changing business needs ;
- DEC in Fashion Merchandising ;
- Great fashion sense.
Salary : To be discussed.