We’re hiring an Assistant Controller/Payroll manager for an established company.
- Process payroll (full-cycle) for 100 employees, while assisting with benefits administration;
- Preparation of full monthly financial statement packages, monitoring of budgets, creation of forecasts;
- Prepare and finalize journal entries including payroll, depreciation, prepaids, and inventory;
- Take care of GL analysis and produce GL accounts reconciliations, oversee bank reconciliations;
- Prepare government reports (GST/QST/HST and BC/SK/MB sales tax) and initiate payment;
- Assistance with all financial activities and look for ways to improve processes;
- Assist with preparation of year-end audit file;
- Prepare and provide documents for occasional Government Audits;
- Provide financial analysis and variances between actual, budget, last year and forecasts;
- Assist in creating and building annual budgets and monthly/quarterly reforecasting.
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting and payroll;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Bilingual, English and French;
- Solid knowledge of the complete payroll cycle;
- Experience in Ceridian Dayforce and/or Power Pay (an asset);
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, Excel (must), Visual 2000 (asset), Quickbooks (asset);
- Retail/Wholesale industry experience, a strong asset.
Salary: to be discussed.